Thursday, February 9, 2017

You Are Loved

I am loving this months Paper Smooches Inspiration Challenge! I thought it would be cool to recreate the image with die cuts. 

Here is my card I created using just hearts and dots die cuts. I had so much fun with this!!


Using the Paper Smooches Paw Prints Die Set(for the heart), You Are Loved Die Set, Ocean Scene Die Set (for the circles) I cut LOTS of hearts and dots in various colors. I may have gone a bit over board but I have a layout dreamed up. Note to self: I really need to get a confetti die with these shapes, LOL!


Using the heart die, I created flowers and leaves. Cut the green hearts in half and you have leaves for fronds. 


The flowers were created by arranging 3 or 5 hearts and then either adding circle dots for detail. I layered up multiple You Are Loved die cuts, glued them together and gave them a coating of glitter. 


And finally, I didn't have a scalloped heart die cut, so I added circle die cuts all around the back of the heart to create a scallop edge. Here's a peek at the back...


I am entering this in the following challenges: 



14 comments:

Darlene said...

Very creative and simply beautiful!!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘HEARTS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Oreety said...

Wow, this is so incredibly clever and beautiful...I love it!!

Arlene said...

You are so creative! What a beautiful card. I love the vivid colors..
So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Gwendolyn said...

You are so clever to think of using just what you have to create what you need, I should be more like you! You nailed the inspiration photo on the head too, its a really gorgeous vibrant card!

Anonymous said...

You are quite creative!

Kym

Barbara said...


Such a pretty and colorful card! Great use of dies :) Thank you for participating in our challenge from Dies R Us!

Barbara
Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

This is just fabulous!! Everything you did came out spectacularly! Gorgeous colors and love your design!

Megan said...

Wow. This is genius! :)

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh my gosh! How patient and creative you are! I adore the idea of using the circles to make a scalloped edge for the heart! So cool and your colors and design are flawless. Awesome die cutting inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

The Sparkly Fairy said...

This is beautiful and I am in awe of your die cut collection! Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with a Die Challenge

Emma - DT

Anonymous said...

Love this card, fabulous re-create using dies!

cohenna said...

Thank you so much for joining at Die Cut Divas February challenge with your super creation - hope to see you again soon :)

Kim Mraz said...

This. Is. AMMMMMMMMMMMMAZING! I love this card- love the detail of the scallops (also known as circle dies!!)! LOVE the glittered sentiment too! FAB all around! YOU nailed it! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
THANKS so much for joining in the fun- hope you play along with our March challenge that starts tomorrow <3

Helen Gullett said...

WOW... such a lovely and beautiful card. I LOVE the heart and the beautiful colorful flowers on it.
Thank You for playing along with HLS February Anything Goes With Dies Challenge!